REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Santa Fe Composite Squadron's Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 19, 2020, Santa Fe Civil Air Patrol cadets and senior members will be helping Santa Fe National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Our ceremony will begin promptly at 10:00 AM. I suggest you get there early to find parking and make your way to the rostrum. CAP Cadets will direct you to parking. Remember it may be cold and windy so dress warmly with gloves, hat and warm shoes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Civil Air Patrol Santa Fe Composite Squadron Cadets and Wreaths Across America!
A Salute to Excellence Series on Wreaths Radio
Wreaths Across America Radio salutes the excellence of the men and women who serve to protect their communities and our mission to remember, honor, and teach. A new Salute to Excellence can be heard every Monday morning at 7:15 AM EST....
Mission BBQ Customers Donate to Wreaths Across America
“We wouldn’t have the freedoms we have today if it wasn’t for our nation’s veterans who stepped up for us time and time again,” said Kraus and Steve Newton, founders of MISSION BBQ....
by Steve Maggart
by Steve Maggart
501 N Guadalupe St
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Click here for the Santa Fe National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the Santa Fe National Cemetery at 501 N. Guadalupe Street, Santa Fe 87501. When you arrive, Civil Air Patrol Cadets will direct you to the areas for parking and to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking will be along the roadways. PLEASE park on ONE SIDE ONLY. Parking for handicapped persons and VIPS will be near the Rostrum.
The upper roadway along Section 8 will be closed to parking. Section 8 is where we will be placing wreaths this year.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Santa Fe National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath. Take only one or two wreaths to ensure that EVERYONE gets to lay a wreath with respect.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed. Place the wreaths FLAT on the ground. Do not lean the wreaths against gravestones.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Come back on January 21, 2020 to help us gather up the wreaths. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Those who have sponsored and said they will place grave specific wreaths themselves should check in at the Loading Dock area AFTER the ceremony. (This is a limited number of people).
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.