REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Wreaths Across America Sarasota group Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 18th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. we will be helping the Sarasota National Cemetery and the Community to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting Wreaths Across America!
Everyone Plays a Part and Some Write About their Wreaths Experience
The third grader’s book, “Wreaths Across America” is dedicated to Wreaths Across America’s founder, Morrill Worcester and it tells of his experiences participating in a wreath-laying ceremony with a military veteran he’d been “matched up” with through school....
Wreaths Across America's Trucking Tributes Presents TransLand, Inc.
Both men agree one of the most poignant moments of involvement with Wreaths Across America was to understand what it meant to one of their professional drivers, Henry Grider, a Vietnam Veteran, and to learn of the reception he received....
by Cheryl Riedler
by Jeffrey Cramer
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Click here for the Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL Page
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Sarasota National Cemetery. The first and most important step to volunteering is to SPONSOR a wreath. Then, please do not forget to register to volunteer for Laying of the Wreaths!
Important ****** Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details*****
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM.
- 10:30 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present placing their loved one's Wreath between 10:30am and 11:00am.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 12, 2019 at Daybreak. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in our Remembrance Ceremony. Thank you so much for helping Wreaths Across America achieve our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.