REMEMBER our fallen U.S. Veterans. . .
HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH the value of Freedom.
Welcome to Civil Air Patrol, March Field Composite Squadron 45's , Wreaths Across America Page!
On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM, Squadron 45 will be assisting Riverside National Cemetery with Remembering and Honoring our veterans by laying Remembrance Wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes. But we NEED your help!!!
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring Remembrance Wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting Civil Air Patrol, March Field Composite Squadron 45 and the Wreaths Across America program!
A Salute to Excellence Series on Wreaths Radio
Wreaths Across America Radio salutes the excellence of the men and women who serve to protect their communities and our mission to remember, honor, and teach. A new Salute to Excellence can be heard every Monday morning at 7:15 AM EST....
Mission BBQ Customers Donate to Wreaths Across America
“We wouldn’t have the freedoms we have today if it wasn’t for our nation’s veterans who stepped up for us time and time again,” said Kraus and Steve Newton, founders of MISSION BBQ....
by Sheri Dyas Mellott
by Sheri Dyas Mellott
22495 Van Buren Blvd
Riverside, CA 92518
Click here for the Riverside National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Although parking is plentiful at this location, certain areas will be blocked off to insure participant safety and access. Please make sure you are following guided traffic flow and parking directions given by cemetery staff and volunteers.
It is recommended you plan to arrive early. Allowing extra time to accommodate for heavy vehicle traffic, parking, and walking towards the event location will provide you with a more relaxed and meaningful experience
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in the Wreaths Across America ceremony at Riverside National Cemetery! Everyone of ALL ages and background is welcome!
IMPORTANT guidelines for volunteering/participating in the event:
- Please plan to arrive early, as the ceremony is expected to start promptly at 9:00 am
- Although attending the ceremony is not mandatory, we encourage you to do so. It honors our military and their families and is really quite well done and inspiring.
- Proper protocol requires that the wreath laying is to commence AFTER the culmination of the ceremony. As such, wreaths will be released for distribution and placement at approximately 10-10:30 am.
- Please be courteous and respectful to fellow participants and ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to place a wreath.
- It is pertinent that everyone is mindful in following the ceremonial instructions on the proper way to place wreaths. This will be clearly demonstrated and discussed towards the end of the ceremony, prior to the release of the wreaths. They are not to be quickly thrown down or carelessly laid.
- If you are leading a youth group that is volunteering, please check in with the Location Coordinator or any member of Civil Air Patrol, for guidance and instruction
The most important thing to remember is to follow these guidelines to contribute to the enjoyment of a wonderful experience for yourself and for everyone sharing in the experience with you!
Thank you so much for helping to achieve our mission to"Remember, Honor and Teach".