REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Suffolk Cadet Squadron 10 NY328 (NY0013P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 16, 2023 at 12:00 pm, Suffolk Cadet Squadron 10 NY328 (NY0013P) will be helping Calverton National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Suffolk Cadet Squadron 10 NY328 (NY0013P) and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Launches its Youth Service Project for 2023
Young people of all ages and grade levels can participate! How will you serve your community?...
Karen Worcester's Thoughts On National Medal of Honor Day
Learn about the moving stories told during the Congressional Medal of Honor Society’s Citizen Honors Awards....
210 Princeton Blvd
Calverton, NY 11933, United States
Click here for the Calverton National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Calverton National Cemetery is located at 210 Princeton Blvd., Calverton, NY 11933. The Main Entrance is located on Middle Country Road (Route 25). Volunteers that are picking up “Grave Specific” orders should enter here and proceed to Section 8. Signs will be posted along the way.
For ALL OTHER REGISTERED Volunteers Groups, the general Wreath Pick-up Location is the grass parking field next to the Main Assembly Area, near the end of Princeton Blvd. This is our staging area where volunteers are required to check in with Support Committee representatives there, take boxes of wreaths and proceed only to the sections inside the Cemetery that are designated for decoration this year. Assigned starting times for wreaths to be picked up will begin at 9:00 a.m. and continue throughout the morning, ending with our brief ceremony at the Main Flagpole at 12 Noon.
Parking InstructionsThe speed limit inside the Cemetery is 20 MPH; please watch your speed! Vehicles should park on the closest side to the section that is being decorated with wreaths. Do not park on both sides of the roadway; it is way too narrow for two-way traffic. Only Calverton Drive can accommodate two-way traffic AND parking on both sides of the roadway. Calverton National Cemetery is the largest national cemetery in the country, comprising over 1045 acres. It is not advisable that you walk from section to section or from a section to the Assembly Area.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Calverton National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself. You MUST register at the calvertonsupport.com website. Download the participation form and submit it us.
Here are some things to remember about the event:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- You agree to place the General Sponsored Wreaths at the designated sections selected by the Support Committee for Calverton National Cemetery. They are NOT for personal use.
- "Personal Use" wreaths should be ordered as a "Grave Specific" wreath on the WAA website.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed. Those details will be emailed to every registered volunteer, organization, family, Scout Unit, etc.
- There will be a brief ceremont at 12 Noon at the Main Flagpole in the Assembly Area.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up in January, 2024.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.