REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday December 18th at 10 am, Wreaths Across America will be at the Maine Veterans Cemetery at 143 Blue Star Avenue in Augusta, Maine to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Announces Grand Opening of its Gold Star Family History & Hospitality House in Maine
The renovated house will be a free bed and breakfast, and history and education museum for visiting Gold Star Families....
by Catherine Brunelle for Q4 Robert P Brunelle, Honored by Maine Veterans Cemetery, 143 Blue Star Ave
In Honor Of
by Sally D F.
143 Blue Star Avenue
Maine Veterans Memorial Cemetery (nr Augusta Civic Center)
Augusta, ME 04330
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsThere is plenty of parking at this cemetery. However we ask that you not park immediately behind the delivery vehicle. We will need space to unload the truck.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America event. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- All volunteers must register online to participate. We are restricted to only 100 participants this year per the Governor's directive. Volunteers will be stopped at the main gate. If your name is not on the list you will not be allowed to participate in the wreath laying event.
- Masks and social distancing will be required at ALL times.
- There will not be a public ceremony this year honoring the branches of the military. However, please note that a remembrance wreath will be placed in their honor at the base of the flag pole on the top of the hill by the WAA site coordinator.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for helping to achieve our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.