REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to Pack 421's Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 19, 2020, Pack 421 will be helping Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, Michigan, to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
This year, for every two wreaths you sponsor, Wreaths Across America will sponsor one additional wreath per order! Therefore, you will be sponsoring three wreaths for the price of two. We are hoping to help cover and honor more fallen service members gravestones this way.
Thank you so much for supporting Pack 421 and Wreaths Across America!
DAR Chapters Engage with the Mission to Remember, Honor, and Teach
“I represent 178-thousand of the most patriotic, vibrant women I think you’ll find anywhere around the globe. I can’t help but enjoy it.”...
4200 Belford Rd
Holly, MI 48442
Click here for the Great Lakes National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, the ceremony with be at the Assembly Area, just south of the Administration Building.
NEW THIS YEAR!!! Parking will be off-site at local businesses on Holly Road with free MTA Shuttle service provided. Parking for the Wreaths Across America National Day was moved off-site for everyone's safety and to help minimize the traffic congestion in and around the cemetery. Shuttle service from the off-site parking lots will begin at 9:30am and end at 3pm.
Parking at the cemetery will be limited to handicap vehicles. When the off-site parking lots are full, vehicles will be directed to the cemetery to park at the open area by the Main Entrance.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Great Lakes National Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up. Tentative Clean-Up Day is Saturday - January 26, 2019.
- Ceremony starts at 12pm Noon
- NEW THIS YEAR!!: Wreath Laying will immediately follow the ceremony!
- Arrive early and consider car-pooling with family or friends.
- Remember!!! We lay these wreaths to honor our veterans. Please do not take or remove wreaths from the cemetery.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.