REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the American Heritage Girls Troop MD 0116 (MD0400P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM, American Heritage Girls Troop MD 0116 (MD0400P) will be helping Baltimore National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the American Heritage Girls Troop MD 0116 (MD0400P) and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America's Trucking Tributes Presents UPS and the Honor Trailer
"To feel that fellowship between thousands of Americans coming out to honor those veterans who came before us is very, very moving."...
Wreaths Across America Announces 2019 Escort to Arlington
President of American Gold Star Mothers, Inc., to serve as Grand Marshal; Chevrolet to once again provide wrapped vehicles to transport Gold Star Families and Veterans...
5501 Frederick Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
Click here for the Baltimore National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding Baltimore National Cemetery located at 5501 Frederick Avenue in Catonsville. The quick directions - Baltimore Beltway (I-695) to Exit 13 - Frederick Road East - about 1.5 miles to cemetery on the right. When you arrive, please follow the directions of the Parking Patrol in order to keep everyone safe. We are expecting many volunteers and safety is a priority.
Parking InstructionsParking is at a premium so please follow the directions of the Parking Patrol that are located throughout the cemetery. All cars will proceed in single file moving in the same direction. Please leave minimal space between cars - in 2018, we parked over 700 cars and we expect more in 2019. Do not create your own parking place. There are a limited number of handicap spaces, please advise the Parking Patrol if needed.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Baltimore National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer!
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome; no one has ever been turned away.
- We are proud that each person who has volunteered at our past wreath laying ceremonies has had the opportunity to place a wreath. To make that happen, on the first pass through the wreath pick-up area, each person is given one wreath to place. After everyone has been through the line, you are welcome to go back through the line for several more wreaths.
- Please follow the Wreath Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths. Each year we select a different section to honor those men and women who have served our country. We're slowly working our way through BNC. After you have picked up a wreath, please go to the section indicated to place your wreath. All wreaths are accounted for so please do not take wreaths to other sections of the cemetery. If you have a grave specific wreath, you will go to a special area near the office that is designated just for Grave Specific orders to get your wreath.
- Do not take wreaths out of the cemetery. They have been sponsored by community members for placement at Baltimore National.
- Please do carpool as much as possible as parking is limited. It is suggested that you arrive before 11:45 to have time to park and walk to the ceremony location.
- Dress for the weather as the ceremony will be held regardless of what Mother Nature throws our way. Check the website before leaving home to be sure the time hasn't been delayed due to weather hazards. (Note: a delay would likely only happen if there is a significant ice hazard.)
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up. Clean up will be on Friday, January 17, 2020 starting at 8:00 am.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for helping Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.