Wreaths Across America Announces 2019 Escort to Arlington
President of American Gold Star Mothers, Inc., to serve as Grand Marshal; Chevrolet to once again provide wrapped vehicles to transport Gold Star Families and Veterans...
What About The Unknowns?
Michael’s sons are invested in the volunteer work they do with Wreaths Across America and they’re busy raising wreath sponsorships to be able to cover all of the headstones of the unknowns at the Post Cemetery as well as the other heroes laid to rest there....
501 N Guadalupe St
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Click here for the Santa Fe National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the Santa Fe National Cemetery at 501 N. Guadalupe Street, Santa Fe 87501. When you arrive, Civil Air Patrol Cadets will direct you to the areas for parking and to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking will be along the roadways. PLEASE park on ONE SIDE ONLY. Parking for handicapped persons and VIPS will be near the Rostrum.
The upper roadway along Section 8 will be closed to parking. Section 8 is where we will be placing wreaths this year.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Santa Fe National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
It may be cold on Dec. 14 so dress warmly and wear warm shoes. We will be laying wreaths in Sections 8 at the top of the hill.
Parking will be along the roadways. Park on ONE SIDE ONLY to allow traffic to get by. Parking near the Rostrum is limited to handicapped persons.Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath. Some wreaths have been sponsored for grave specific placement.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed. Doo not lean wreaths on the gravestones.
- It may be cold and windy on that day. Dress warmly and wear sturdy shoes, hat and have gloves.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up on January 21, 2020. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up in January.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.