Various tools are available to help you in your fundraising efforts.
1. Access important fundraising information at this link.
2. Get the new Location and Sponsorship Group 2020 Handbook at this link.
3. Fundraising Kits: These kits are available to groups for $120. You can call 877-385-9504, x504, to order your kit. It is also available at this link.
4. Facebook: Request to be added to the Facebook Sponsorship Group Leaders team so we connect group leaders through this forum to share fundraising ideas and experiences. Follow this link.
5. Online Donations: To make it as easy as possible for you to communicate with donors, you will have an online fundraising page. This is the most efficient, effective method for accepting donations and the best way to ensure you get credit for your Wreaths Across America sponsorship efforts.
- Make sure your prospective donors have your Group ID, not just the location page, to ensure that their contribution will be applied to your group's wreath sponsorship.
- Sponsorships placed through the location page only will not be credited to the group.
- Please instruct donors to search by your Group ID to ensure they are getting the correct page to donate to your group.
6. Mail-in Donations: Cash and check donations are also accepted.
- Downloadable fundraising forms are available at this link.
Regarding donations you receive by mail, please remember the following:
- Do not staple or tape checks to sponsorship forms because it delays our ability to process checks promptly, especially during what is our busiest time of year.
- Do not hold onto checks. Instead, send checks in with their sponsorship forms regularly. If you are submitting multiple checks, please provide a tally sheet and send them to us in a timely manner. Holding onto checks too long upsets the donor and causes it to be "stale dated," in which case the financial institution won't process it and we will need to contact the donor for a new check. This causes a longer processing time for the group funds.
IMPORTANT ADMINISTRATIVE NOTES
Sponsorship Share Program: If you opted to receive $5 back of every $15 wreath sponsorship sold under your Group ID, we will send checks within 30 days after we receive your wreath sponsorships. Group payback checks need to be cashed within 90 days of issuance or they will be considered a donation to Wreaths Across America.
If you are participating in this option, you must submit a W-9 form.
3 for 2 Option: If you have opted to receive a third wreath for every two wreaths sponsored, you are not required to submit a W-9.
Submit a W-9: If you are a for-profit organization new to WAA or you didn't submit a W-9 in 2016, please provide an updated W-9 to ensure we have accurate and complete information. This is a new policy instituted because of our continued growth. We assure you that any information you provide is ONLY for our recordkeeping and any reporting requirements we have. We have received W9's from National CAP; National DAR and National American Gold Star Mothers. If you are a chapter/unit/squadron of one of these organizations you do not need to submit a separate W9.
1. Click here for a W-9 form.
2. Submit your W-9.
- Fax: 866-956-1625
- Mail: Wreaths Across America; Attn: Rachel Worcester; PO Box 249, Columbia Falls, ME 04623
Notify Your Location Coordinator: Because we do not share group leader contact information, please contact your coordinator as soon as possible to let them know you are gathering sponsorships.
Please note: The wreaths that are delivered to the location for placement will not be marked for specific groups. This allows any volunteer to place wreaths on any site. If your group wishes to make special arrangements for placing wreaths at specific graves, please contact your coordinator prior to the ceremony.
PUBLIC RELATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA
Wreaths Across America offers resources to assist you in identifying stories to share with local media to generate coverage and create social media content to help build public awareness for your effort.
If you have questions about how to get started creating a social media page or helping to improve an existing page, please contact Samantha Gatcomb at (207) 221-5169; email@example.com. If you would like to talk with someone about how to identify and promote events and your work in the community with the local media, please contact Sean Sullivan at (207) 230-4599; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since this online sponsorship system represents a fundamental upgrade of our systems, from our back office to our websites, we expect to encounter a few hiccups.
The implementation of the sponsorship webpage means a great deal for Wreaths Across America and will allow us to expand our mission to "Remember, Honor, and Teach."
Please report any issues you experience as we continue with planned upgrades that are critical to our growth. From basic features such as "live" wreath counts to a new mobile app for collecting donations, we have a bold vision for the future.